Rhubarb Strawberry Cobbler
An old fashioned dessert that is oh-so-tasty! The sweetness of fresh strawberries combines beautifully with the tartness of rhubarb in this classic combination. This yummy fruit filling with a biscuit type topping is great served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- 1¼ cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 cups coarsely chopped fresh rhubarb
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1½ cups flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add rhubarb and strawberries and toss to coat.
- Spread in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas.
- With a fork, stir in the buttermilk to form a soft dough.
- Drop dough by tablespoon over the hot filling. Make 12 mounds.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for about 25 minutes, until topping is golden brown and has risen.
Recipe courtesy of Now You’re Cooking